Wednesday, February 13, 2013

feb 13 2013

Hi I am continuing on with my blog on Face Book and Gmail. I am having a little difficulty getting use to this format. So, please have patients with me. I would like to share with you today my most recent activities. For one, my book came in the mail yesterday. It looks great and is very easy to read and lots of space to put notes. Any one who is interested can go to
Sustainable Living Off Grid, as listed under Reference
If you go to blurb.com click on book store, recent published and type in sustainable living off grid. This will give you the opportunity to take a look at some of the pages. You can also like me on face book under Sustainable living off grid.
I am going to do my best to upload some photos and document the progress to becoming self sufficient living off grid.

On a different note, I have been working on putting a garden together in Stockton. I don't have a lot of money so I am using whatever I can around the house. I have been gone from Stockton for about 6 years and most of my garden stuff has not been kept up. I don't look at this as bad, it is a good way to start anew. Love life and learn to take what it gives me to move forward.

Things always work out one way or another. My luck is even though the garden has been laying to rest for 6 years, it is in my favor. Leaves have been gathering up in the flower beds and now there is such great soil I can not believe it.

I had a fish pound in the back yard no more fish for quite some time now. Took out the pound liner and dug out the sand. Yes I said sand. I had built a box for the fish pound filled the outside of the pound liner with sand to prevent and punctures. The sand has come in handy as well. All around the out side of the new garden box, I placed the sand and stepping stones to make a decent walk way around the garden. The stepping stones I had laying around here and there so all I had to do was find and move them. My parents even had some stepping stones I made as a kid with marbles to decorate it. Had some old big brick like stones with three holes running through it. I thought this would be great for in the garden. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sustainable Living Off Grid thanks for fallowing, would love for you to share.
www.facebook.com/SustainableLivingOffGrid?ref=hl