Saturday, February 16, 2013

Feb 16 2013 moving soil

I will be uploading photo's of the progress.
Areas of the yard have so much great soil from years of leave's just being left there. So, what I did was rake up the top leaves and used a screen to separate pecans and rocks from the soil. Doing my very best to watch for worms and protecting them to move into the garden.

I am also lucky enough to have seeds that have been harvest from my previous garden. Something I learned is to save the seeds from the first group of tomato's and then the last group. It gives you the strongest growing period / length.

Also I saved old dried flower heads from multiple flowers, placing them into a paper bag. Now they are coming back into use for me to replant flowers. Flowers around the garden are great because they aren't only ascetically pleasing they draw the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sustainable Living Off Grid thanks for fallowing, would love for you to share.
www.facebook.com/SustainableLivingOffGrid?ref=hl